Monday, November 5, 2012

Has anyone tried the generic escitalopram (Lexapro) now available?

I have chronic headaches/migraines, but I did increase my medication for that around the same time the generic lexapro came out and my boost in meds (3x what I was previously taking) didn't seem to have any effect, yet it was starting to help at the lower doses and previously worked at this increased rate several years ago. I can't say for sure, but it does seem a strange coincidence. My headaches have even gotten worse. I think I'll run this idea by my psychiatrist and see about getting back on name brand to see if it helps. Maybe your doctor can do the same for you. I'm sure there will be some hoops to jump through with insurance but when you find a med that works its frustrating to play the sampling game again.
I appreciate your response. I don't have insurance so it costs me $40 more for Lexapro over the generic. Well worth the extra money. I have been on Lex for over 5 years. Changing to the generic I developed anxiety and bad headaches. Almost like withdrawal. The headaches have gone away and I am back on regular Lexapro. There is obviously a difference between these two even though the base drug escitalopram is the same. My doctor seems to think that it may have something to do with how they are processed. Since the generic has only been out for a little over a month, we will have to wait and see what others experience.
I was on Lexapro for 2 yrs and stopped taking it because I felt wonderful!!! After about a year or so without it I changed jobs and found myself starting to have panic attacks again. My doctor prescribed "escitalopram" and it almost killed me. Sweating, heart racing, no sleep or appetite. They say there is no difference in the generics and name brands but I beg to differ. Lexapro works wonders and I can't wait to get it back.
I have tried lexapro and generic brand they feel about the same I still take it now ive gained weight forget stuff a lot then sexual libido go s up and down most of the time it wont even twitch oh speaking of twitches my muscles twitched for a while now it dose it every now ant then. only part i hate is when my wife and i finally have sex my heat palpitate probably because i have slight a heart issue not bad just leaky valve but other than that it works ooh before i forget the hot flashes suck, one time it happened i would taste the medicine in my mouth and had the sensation of urinating defecating all together then there are the good days, Thank god for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment