Monday, November 5, 2012

Antidepressant Use in Children, Adolescents, and Adults

he FDA asked manufacturers of the following antidepressant drugs to include in their labeling a Warning statement that recommends close observation of adult and pediatric patients for worsening depression or the emergence of suicidality when treated with these agents. The drugs that are the focus of this new Warning are: Prozac (fluoxetine); Zoloft (sertraline); Paxil (paroxetine); Luvox (fluvoxamine); Celexa (citalopram); Lexapro (escitalopram); Wellbutrin (bupropion); Effexor (venlafaxine); Serzone (nefazodone); and Remeron (mirtazapine).
 Since I was in 10th grade, I've had anxiety and depression. I was placed on Lexapro 10mg, but still had some social anxiety and anxiety about other things. I didn't have as much as before so the doctor increased it to 20mg. I've never felt better. Like others have said, I almost forget I have anxiety. I feel fine everyday and it's the greatest feeling in the world. If anyone is reading this post and is unsure about asking the doctor about help with anxiety, social anxiety, depression, etc, please don't wait. This drug truly saved my life.
This is the greatest drug yet invented. I had no idea what happiness was until Lexapro came into my mouth! I cannot even begin to imagine life without this medicine. Once the mild side effects had gone my life changed forever. My sex drive and orgasm is now incredible! Depression was banished and life full of colours and insight and love and passion is my soul filled realm. God only knows what will happen if it stops working as I have tried every other antidepressant medicine available and Lexapro is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment